Thursday, September 6, 2012

Aesthetic Origins

I tend to be somewhat far reaching when it comes to just about everything that I do.  Take the number of times that I tried to sit down and make a first blog post for example.  Countless times throughout the summer, I have started writing all of these deeply profound ideas revolving around the concept of "Aesthetic Origins".  While these ideas are all amazing, they are fragments, and are not representative of any sort of whole.  I need completion.  I need to get this thing done so I can move on and start blogging for real.  I came up with the name "Aesthetic Origins", so that the title could fill the broad spectrum of ideas that I have about the visual and aesthetic world.  Too frequently, I feel like I am in a constant battle with myself in terms of my love for fashion and the aesthetic world.  On the one hand, I am deeply in love with things based off of appearance alone.  Mostly, in an artistic way.  On the other hand, I loathe so many aspects of fashion that make the world we live in, one of material.  My goal for this blog, is to be able to communicate an obsession for something that is often viewed as superficial, in a way that has more depth.  That does not mean, that I will never post fluff.  I am giving you a fair warning right now, when I say that I will post frivolous outfit photos. Sometimes my posts will have the aforementioned depth, and some of them won't.  Ultimately, I want to visually catalog and share my ideas, artwork and feelings about the aesthetic world with others. 

I will be posting weekly, so check back on the blog and see how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment